A small group focused on exploring actions we could take as a community that would have positive impact on the island.
- What is the tiniest thing that we could implement immediately as a community that would have positive impact on the island?
- What community action that is realistic for us would have the biggest positive impact on the island?
We're currently exploring various possibilities around areas of education, waste, and starting a co-operative/
- Visit local waste-processing plant
- Visit tree nursery in Santa Lucia
- Consider creating an idea brainstorming board (eg. in Trello)
This is an unorganised selection of thoughts that came up during our conversations.
- Garbage / Plastic
- Water supply
- Native plants and trees
- Hemp farm
- Use of wasted fruits and veg (eg. oranges)
- Alternative incomes for cow farmers
- Individual / group projects shared with schools
- Cultivation areas in schools
- Get municipalities to stop using roundup to kill weeds on public roads