A movement for regenerating the island.
Next Step: Clarify the vision.
- Grow the regenerative movement in Pico. Unite people committed to creating beautiful projects in the island and make it easy (and fun) for them to do the work.
- Support local economy, especially food producers and artists.
- Incentivise farmers to shift towards regenerative practices.
- Offer local and aligned products, services, and events.
- Create a clear, recognisable and trusted brand standing for causes important to well-being of the island.
- Attract people with a super cool vibe
- Redistribute profits within the island community.
- Unlock resources from web3 / regenerative movements to fuel our work in the island.
- Prototype. Document the process. Share.
- Create events and spaces bringing local people together, both foreigners and natives.
- Mitigate influences of hyper-capitalism, cultivate traditional community values (which are still very present in Pico culture)
- Increase self-reliance of the Pico population (most jobs depend on tourism and EU grants for cows)
- Co-living, co-working & maker spaces
- Pillars: Food, health, art, education
- Local currency
You walk into a bar and get to choose between two beers. The brewery that produces one of them plants a tree for each beer sold in the bar. For most people, it's a no-brainer to pick the tree-planting beer.
What's the equivalent cause benefiting the island, that would be a no-brainer incentive for native locals to choose products, services and events from our coop?