Evolving Experiences ✨
Bringing more variety into cultural scene of Pico.
A multidisciplinary crew aiming at bringing more variety into cultural scene of Pico, by creating experiences that touch people.
(what we're focusing on right now)
- Exploring possibilities of managing funds without administrative hassle (looking into Open Collective as a possibility)
- Exploring a possibility of starting a cooperative
- Slam Jam, July 2021
- Masking Around, September 2021
- The Community Council Game & Jam Session, December 2021
Below are the notes from our first meeting.
- Create events / experiences with a purpose deeper than just hanging out.
- Use art as a "magnet" to bring awareness to important issues we're passionate about.
- Create memorable spaces (locations), which play an active role in co-creating experiences.
- Experiment with new, unexpected experience formats, create something people haven't seen before, keep evolving.
- Experiment with new ways of relating to each other.
- Include reflective spaces during experiences, to process, discuss and integrate the experience and its topic (equivalent to Shavasana in Yoga).
- Gradually improve The Globe, as we keep using that space for hosting various events.
- Use nature to set up temporary spaces for experiences.
- Explore possibilities of bringing income to fund our activities, and potentially make it a part-time(?) job for (some?) crew members.
- Keep the work as flexible as possible.
- Little meetings, more async work.
- Show up on the day and set it up.
- Evenings are usually the best times for all of us to be present.
(Work in progress)
- Rising consciousness
- Community life
- Covid (particularly interesting if we bring people with fundamentally different opinions)
- Making Pico the best place to live on Earth
- Audio-visual theatre
- Mute event
- Walking disco
- Play reading
- Music improvised to movement (rather that the other way around)
- Dance Party (with a bar vibe)
- Films / Projections
- Art exhibition
- Festival (multiday event)
- Costume party
- Explore Open Collective as a way to manage funds with very little admin work. If not possible, then perhaps start an association (or other legal structure).
- Host a fundraising event
- Sell artwork (auction?)
- Host special experiences (eg. birthdays, weddings) as a service
- Find patrons of the arts excited about supporting our work financially
- Have two spaces during events (eg. main space + fire) to allow people to move freely and choose the energy they need.
- Experiment with no alcohol / no drugs / no food during experiences. Make a clear and explicit invitation. Make space for events with substances, as both can co-exist peacefully.
- Separate our experiences from the regular Jam Sessions (even if the hosting team might be partially the same).
- The Globe
- Nature (eg. caves, dry rivers, forest, beach...)
Annia: event planning, organising, hosting, acting Austeja: space design, idea generation, performance, Jess: space design, space setup, tech, music Michal: big picture, directing, hosting, performance, documenting
Anyone from the team to put an event proposal to the crew.